Happy Friday! Can you believe it’s already that last weekend in May? I wanted to pop in today with some quick ramblings and updates on what’s going on in our lives, along with some awesome Memorial Day sales that are going on this weekend (because we all love a good sale, no?).
It’s officially almost summer break around these parts – yesterday was my last day of school, I’m working today and a couple of days next week and then I’m free as a bird! We have a few fun plans for the summer, but I mostly plan to spend a lot of time catching up on projects, crossing things off of my to-do list, and just breathing a bit. It’s been a crazy year so far! Other than the upcoming summer break, here are a few things that have been on my mind lately:
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see my full disclosure policy.
- I got these sandals from Old Navy recently and I can’t stop wearing them. I’m probably going to go back and pick up a few more colors because they’re the most comfortable sandals I’ve ever had. Go get some!
- Recently, Corey and I realized that we’ve never taken a family vacation with just the three of us – we’ve gone on a cruise with my family, and we’ve gone on weekend trips to visit friends, but we haven’t ever taken a trip with just us and Jackson as a family. So, next month we’ll be going on a little four-day road trip to a small town outside of Dallas and I’m so excited I can’t even stand it. We’re going to go fishing, walk the town square, and step away from our phones and computers for four whole days. It’s going to be heaven. So, if you’ve ever been to the tiny town of Granbury, TX and have any recommendations for places to eat or things to do, we’d love to hear ’em! We’re so pumped about this trip we’re already talking about turning it into a yearly family tradition.
- We went to see Disney on Ice a couple of weekends ago, and Jackson had the TIME OF HIS LIFE. We had awesome seats and even though he hadn’t seen some of the movies that they referenced in the show, he was pretty obsessed. He got a toy sword while we were there, and I don’t think he’s let it out of his sight since then. Oh, and he requested to watch Beauty and the Beast for the first time that evening, and I think we’ve seen it five times since. It’s the current family favorite.
- I’ve officially reached the point in the school year where everything literally just falls apart. I can’t keep my house clean, I can barely keep myself clean, I’m dropping all of the balls, and I feel like I’m doing good to just survive each day. Thank goodness after next week things will slow down and I can finally catch up on life! Only problem? We have guests coming to our house tomorrow for brunch. Guess I’ll be employing my 30-minute cleaning routine…
- What are your favorite exercise routines that don’t involve a gym? Now that school is over I’m really wanting to get back in the habit of working out on the daily and in an ideal world I’d knock it out before Corey leaves for work in the mornings. I know it’s lame, but I’ve always been a big fan of Jillian Michaels (but that gets boring fast), and I’m a huge fan of just getting outside and running, but that’s going to be hard to squeeze in before Corey has to leave. Any ideas for me? I’m thinking about tracking down a used elliptical on Craigslist.
I know this is a holiday weekend for most of us (Corey even has off work, which never happens!), and you know holiday weekend usually mean really awesome sales. So, I wanted to round up a few of my favorite steals & deals happening around the internet so you have all the awesome stuff in one place.
- Wayfair has up to 70% off patio furniture, living room furniture, and rugs
- Target has up to 30% off patio, home decor, and furniture, plus an extra 15% off with the code HERO
- World Market has some great markdowns going on, and you can get an extra 15% off + free shipping on orders $150+.
- West Elm has a “Buy More Save More” deal going on with the code “SUMMER” – and a lot of stuff is already marked down!
- Crate & Barrel has up to 40% off outdoor stuff – and they’ve got good stuff this year!
- Anthropologie has new markdowns of up to 40% on a ton of different things. And Anthro doesn’t do sales super often, so take advantage!
- Urban Outfitters has up to 50% off on just about everything.
Happy shopping – have a fabulous weekend!