So, the first week of 2017 is almost in the books – how was it for you? I was adjusting to being back at work after a nice long break, so it was a little hectic but I have high hopes that this year will be better than last year (just me, or was 2016 pretty awful for everyone?!)
I always spend a lot of time at the beginning of the year thinking about cleaning, organizing, and generally getting my life in order, and I know I’m not alone. I have several posts planned this month that center on organizing and cleaning, so hopefully we can all work together to get organized. I thought today I’d kick things off with a quick roundup of some of my best cleaning and organizing tips from the archives!
Check out any that sound interesting to you, and be sure to leave your favorite cleaning and organizing tips in the comments. I need all the help I can get!
- My most popular organizing series is, of course, when I went through the KonMari method last year to get our house totally organized! You can click here to see the final post in the series, and it has links to all of the other posts.
- Oh, and after I finished the series, I wrote a mini ebook to make it easier for you to tackle the (overwhelming) process of decluttering too. Get all the details on that here.
- Last year, I discovered the easiest way to get your duvet cover back on your bed after you’ve washed it. It’s revolutionary, y’all. Promise.
- Another revolutionary trick I learned last year? Cleaning paintbrushes that you’ve left out overnight! I use this trick more than I’d care to admit.
- I’ve always had a hard time keeping my pantry organized – until I discovered the joy of using baskets to keep things in order. We gave our pantry a mini-makeover a while back and it’s still looking exactly what organized. I love it!
- Another closet we tackled last year was our master bedroom closet! It was in desperate need of an overhaul, and I’m loving the closet system we put in there. I want to use a similar one for Jackson’s room this year!
- I shared the 10 little tricks I use to keep our home clean without a lot of effort on my part. It’s still one of my most popular posts, so clearly you guys enjoy being lazy as much as I do.
- My favorite way to stay organized is with a paper planner. There’s just something about writing things down that makes my heart happy. I finally found the best planner in the world, and I’ll never use another one again!
- One (admittedly unusual) way I keep our refrigerator organized is by having a second one! I know it sounds crazy, but I wrote a post about why we have two refrigerators and so many of you agreed that it’s pretty life-changing!
- If you need a good way to keep the tools in your home organized, I’ve got you covered. We built a giant pegboard, and it’s basically the most wonderful thing ever!
How are you staying organized this year?