Okay, y’all…remember a few weeks back when I shared a beyond-simple trick for cleaning out your candle holders?
Well, I have another beyond-simple trick to share today. This one, however, is life-changing.
Seriously. I’m not exaggerating at all. Life. Changing.
So, grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and prepare to have your mind blown because today I’m teaching you how to put a duvet cover on your duvet in two minutes or less.
I told you. This is a big deal.
Corey and I have had many a marital spat thanks to making the bed after we wash the linens. I’m pretty much incapable of putting the duvet cover back on (it’s so big and I’m so small!) and he absolutely hates doing it. If he had it his way, we’d never wash the duvet cover again just to avoid putting it on.
But! Now that we know this trick, it’s a breeze to put our duvet cover back on and there are no more fights. It’s lovely.
Are you ready to learn?
Here’s how you do it:
1. Take the duvet insert and spread it out on your bed.
2. Flip the duvet cover inside out and lay it out on top of the insert. Make sure the opening is at the bottom.
3. If you have ties in the corners, go ahead and tie all of the corners now.
4. Grab the opening of the duvet cover and start rolling the insert into the cover. This is easier if you have two people so you can roll both sides at once, but it’s not hard with one person either. Start with the bottom corners and flip them inside out, then work from there!
5. Continue rolling up until you reach the end of the duvet. You’ll probably feel like you’ve done something terribly wrong at this point, but I promise you haven’t.
6. Grab the corners at the opposite end from where you started rolling. Pull them out, then grab the side and shake the whole thing out. It’ll take two or three good shakes for it all to settle, and if you’ve got ties this is a good time to go around and grab all four corners where they’re tied to pull it all nice and tight. Do a bit of adjusting and then…
7. You’re done! Button up your opening and bask in the glow of a clean duvet and the ability to make your bed without any cursing.
I can’t overemphasize to you how excited I am about this trick and how much time (and how many headaches) it has saved us! We feel like high-fiving each other every time we make our bed now, and every time we do it we’re in awe all over again of how simple it is.
Is your mind blown? Or am I the only one who didn’t already know this trick??