Did you know that Trader Joe’s is my happy place?
Sometimes, when I’m stressed out and have had a bad week, I want nothing more in the world than to sneak off by myself and spend an hour or so combing through all of the amazing things they have to offer. I love that there’s something new and exciting to try every time I go, and I love that their prices are about the same as (and sometimes even better then) my normal grocery store.
I love to read up on what everyone else is trying at my favorite grocery store in the world, and you guys really seemed to enjoy last time when I shared what we were buying, so I thought was high time for another roundup of what we’ve been buying at good ol’ TJ’s lately.
1. Blueberry Muffins – We hadn’t seen these before and Corey couldn’t resist them! Jackson was thrilled to see these in the store, and they didn’t disappoint. We’re always fans of having quick and easy things in the house for breakfast, and these were such a treat. Their baked goods are always so good!
2. Dark Chocolate Bar with Cookie Butter – I have to get one of these every single time I go to Trader Joe’s. Cannot resist. I usually bring it up to work and eat one little section per day after lunch. It’s just enough sweetness to satisfy me, and it’s so incredibly delicious. I could eat the whole bar in one sitting, of course, but I never let myself because I want to savor it as long as I can!
3. Fruit Leather – These might be Jackson’s favorite snack in the entire world. I can’t leave the store without a few (or else suffer some serious tears!) and he gets so excited that he usually has devoured one before we even make it to the car. Plus, these are a great way to bribe him for good behavior while we’re in the store!
4. Peanut Butter Granola Bars – Jackson brings these to school on the regular and they’re definitely his favorite out of all the various granola bars we buy. I love that they have less sugar than a lot of the other options, and they’re not nearly as pricey as a lot of other granola bars I see. I can’t say I’ve ever tasted them myself (I’m not a fan of peanut butter), but he gives them two thumbs up. I think he’d eat the whole box in one sitting if I allowed it.
5. Bacon Cheddar Cheese – We hadn’t ever tried this prior to this visit and it will absolutely be a regular purchase from now on, as long as they have it. This stuff is ridiculous. I could eat it on anything. I could eat the whole block by myself. I can’t even tell you how delicious this cheese is. Buy some.
6. Caesar Salad – I’m pretty picky about caesar salads – I don’t like the dressing to be too strong or heavy, and sometimes I find them boring if the flavor in the dressing isn’t good enough. This salad definitely meets my high standards and we get one almost every time we go. One of our favorite go-to meals is a frozen TJ’s lasagna and a caesar salad on the side! I’ve also bought the one with chicken to bring to work for lunch, and it’s equally delicious. I can’t say a bad thing about any of their pre-made salads that we’ve bought, though!
7. Chicken Lasagna – We usually buy a frozen lasagna when we go (they’re so good!) but Jack spotted this one and declared that he wanted it, so we decided to try something new. We had to eat it faster since it’s fresh, but it was even better than the frozen ones. I never fail to be amazed by how delicious all of the pre-made and frozen meals are at Trader Joe’s!
8. Porcini Mushroom Lasagna – Corey bought this to bring to work for lunch and reported that it was very satisfying. It sounds awful to me because I hate mushrooms, but according to my husband if you like to eat fungi then you’ll probably enjoy this. Weirdo.
9. Bambino Pepperoni Pizza – Frozen pizza is another go-to for us at Trader Joe’s. We hadn’t seen these mini pepperoni pizzas before so we snagged them because we knew Jackson would be thrilled to have his own little pizza. They were just as tasty as all of the other ones we’ve tried, so I can definitely recommend them. Another favorite is the pre-made pizza dough – it’s only $2.99, and the herb one is so good! If we don’t buy a frozen pizza, we always buy the dough and make our own. So tasty!
10. Charles Shaw White Zinfandel – Oh, two-buck Chuck. I can never resist it. The red isn’t my favorite, and I enjoy the Chardonnay, but the White Zinfandel is where it’s at. This isn’t a wine I normally buy anywhere else, but there’s something about this bottle of wine that I just adore. It’s sweeter than most of my favorite wines, but it has a fantastic flavor and is really refreshing. This bottle does not last long in my fridge.
11. Air Plant – I always love to grab a bouquet of cheap flowers when we go to Trader Joe’s – I’m a sucker for a vase of fresh flowers but I’m usually too cheap to buy them. I’ve found that the ones at TJ’s often last much longer than my grocery store bouquets, and they’re significantly cheaper. I was browsing the fresh flowers when I saw these little air plants and I knew I had to have one. I was just recently obsessing over these guys on a recent trip to West Elm, and I was so excited to see them for a whopping $4 here. This cute little guy lives on my desk now and I stare lovingly at him on the daily.
12. Soft Pretzel Stick – Y’all. This is $0.99 and I wish I would have bought 30 of them. We ate this with the bacon cheddar and holy cow it is perfection. I will buy at least two of these from now on every single time I see them in the store. They’re the BEST.
13. Extra Virgin Olive Oil – I love buying olive oil from Trader Joe’s because it’s such a great deal and a really good quality. I’m not terribly picky about olive oil (I’m just not fancy enough to care), but this stuff is so cheap and I don’t notice a difference in taste at all, so we always snag a bottle when we are there!
It’s always such a treat for us to go to Trader Joe’s (it’s about 25 minutes away so we don’t make it out there every weekend), and I have so much fun picking out new stuff to try. We did good this trip, and we weren’t disappointed by any of it! What have you been buying lately at Trader Joe’s? Any recommendations for my next trip?