Oh, toddlers. There is always something hilarious coming out of their mouths. Always.
The more verbal Jackson gets, the funnier he is, and I’m always saying that I should write down the funny things he says. Only problem? I never remember to do it. Now that he’s two, though, he’s getting more and more verbal every day, and I absolutely do not want to forget all of the sweet, hilarious, and occasionally terrible things that he blurts out on a regular basis. So I’m recording them here.
- (While getting ready to take a bath, the dog tried to come into the bathroom) “No, Hadley! I naked!”
- (Anytime he’s excited to go do something) “Let’s rock and roll!”
- (While at the ENT, getting his ears checked) “Check other ear. Monkey ear!”
- (While changing his diaper) “Peeeyew, stinky butt!”
- Me: “Hey Jackson, will you sing the ABC song for me while daddy makes your dinner?”
J: “No…I’ll wait.”
- “Beep beep! Coming through!”
- (When I told him we were going grocery shopping) “No, Mama. Sick with flu. Go home first.”
- (Requesting to watch a show with Donald Duck) “I want to watch the angry duck!”
- (Getting ready for bed) J: “Elmo on diaper?”
Me: “No, Elmo’s not on this diaper. I’m sorry!”
J: “Elmo not on diaper. That’s so sad! So sad!”
What has your toddler been saying lately?