The first Friday back after a long break always feels so glorious.
It also makes me feel a little pathetic about being so desperate for a break when I’ve only been at work for a week.
Oh well, I can be pathetic.
Really, who can blame me for wanting to spend all day with this face?
This week was hectic, exhausting, and totally full of work. I’m hoping we’ll settle back into a routine again soon and get to a point where our weekday evenings don’t feel so rushed! Corey has started One Act Play season, which means we’ll be seeing a lot less of him during the week, so here’s to hoping Jackson and I can fall into a nice routine that works for us.
This weekend, we are headed off on a romantic anniversary date (it includes a trip to West Elm, so you know it’s going to be awesome), and soaking up our time to relax. What are you up to this weekend?
A few favorites from the internet…
- I am obsessed with the idea of bullet journaling, but I know if I started it I would spend countless hours every day making it perfect. It’s so fun to look at other people’s journals though!
- There are no words for how excited I am for this special.
- I love this post – these were words I needed to hear this week.
- I think I’ve shared this before but it’s worth sharing again. I’m wondering if Jackson would want one?
And from the archives:
- I’m sure you saw the big changes we made to our kitchen cabinets and counters earlier this week…but do you remember all of the little changes we’ve made to the kitchen along the way?
- Like adding this island – it’s crazy to remember what it looked like in there before we had it!
- And this china cabinet (that we upgraded with wrapping paper!)
- Oh, and the other major transformation we made in there using paint (I literally cringe when I see those before photos!).