Well hello there. You don’t normally see me on Sundays, but I have something important to share. You see, I want to start a new regular (maybe? semi-regular?) feature here on the blog where I can share Bible verses for specific times, needs, or periods of life.
I haven’t decided yet if I want to start this because I think it would be helpful to you as my readers or if I just need it for myself, but I feel like it’s an important thing to do, so here we are.
So for now, on Sundays when the mood strikes, I’ll be here to share some encouraging words for you in whatever phase of life you may be in. Maybe it will be Bible verses, maybe it will just be meaningful and inspirational quotes. I always find that God’s word gives me a peace and comfort that isn’t found anywhere else, so maybe it will do the same for you.
When you’re waiting…
- “Be still and know that I am God.” – Psalm 46:10 (NIV)
- “Patience is not simply the ability to wait – it’s how we behave while we’re waiting.” – Joyce Meyer
- “I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” – Psalms 27:13-14 (NIV)
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” – Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
- “You usually have to wait for that which is worth waiting for.” – Craig Bruce
- “Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!” – Isaiah 30:18 (NIV)
- “…But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” – Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
- “We’re waiting for the pendulum to swing back again, which I am absolutely confident it will.” – Don Bluth
- “The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him.” – Lamentations 3:25 (NIV)
- I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope. I wait for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning.” – Psalm 130: 5-6
- “Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.” – Psalm 37:7 (NIV)
- “When we make progress quickly, it feeds our emotions. Then, when there’s a period of waiting or we hit a plateau, we find out how committed we really are and whether we’re going to see things through to the finish or quit.” – Joyce Meyer