Okay, so last time we talked about The Husband Project I shared about my experience and how I felt about it – I can’t say enough positive things about this book and how much it impacted me! I did realize, though, that I didn’t do a great job of explaining what it actually is. So, here goes: The Husband Project is a book that encourages you to do kind things for your spouse on the regular. It’s a 3-week long challenge with different things to do every day that focus completely on making your spouse happy. It definitely was a lot of work but I had so much fun with the challenge that I decided to think up a few more things that I could do for Corey – I didn’t want to be done with it, so why not keep going? I probably won’t keep doing it every single day, but I want to do two or three a week to keep myself thinking of different ways I can make him smile! So, here are 20 more sweet little surprises that I’m going to try to do for him over the next few months.
- Watch the sunset together
- Stay up late in bed chatting
- Cook a fancy meal together
- Send him sweet texts all day long
- Spend the evening totally focused on him, no distractions
- Watch a movie in bed together
- Suggest playing his favorite game or watching his favorite show
- Make a list of reasons I love him and leave it somewhere he’s sure to find it
- Surprise him after work with his favorite drink and a snack
- Go out of my way all day to be kind to him or do things for him
- Implement a daily six-second kiss
- Ask, “what can I help you with today?”
- Thank him for something that I don’t usually notice
- Make breakfast for him before work
- Pray for him (and let him know I did!)
- Initiate a dance party in the kitchen
- Let him sleep in on a weekend morning
- Offer to run an errand that he doesn’t want to take care of
- Order a small gift for him on Amazon – act surprised when it arrives!
- Take Jackson out of the house for a few hours to give him some quiet time at home
I know it’s a little cheesy to have a list of things to do like this, but I’ve got to say that having it written down somewhere was a huge motivator for me to get it done! It really helped me stay focused on how I could make him smile, and it really reminded me of how much I love doing little things for him with no expectation of anything in return. I truly feel like a strong marriage has to have a lot of selflessness in it, and so that’s something I really want to focus more on over the next several months.
What are some of the little things you like to do for your partner?