Well, these last few weeks were unexpectedly exhausting. We had a million and a half things going on, then I managed to get sick on top of it all, so things have just been plain crazy around here. We are more or less back on top of things again, so here are a few highlights from our last few weeks:
– We’ve (mostly) finished our kitchen projects and I can’t wait to share! I still have one more thing to knock out before I can take photos and share, so hopefully within the next week or so I’ll be able to show you phase one of the project (we are starting on phase two this weekend!).
– Have you read Young House Love’s new book yet? I am a little over halfway done and I’m taking my time because I want to savor the experience! It’s so good!
– I love September and all the fun that comes with it, but goodness I’m glad it’s over. Our September was SO busy and I’m looking forward to a more restful month this month. We did get to soak up a few quiet moments in September and I appreciated every one of them, but there weren’t nearly enough!
– I’m loving football season. There’s just something special about cheering on the Aggies every Saturday that makes my heart full. It’s even more awesome this year now that Jackson is also running around the house shouting “Aggies! Fight! Touchdown! Tackle!” the whole time they’re playing. I think he’s going to be a football fan! And, of course, who doesn’t love football food?!
A few of my favorites…
– I MUST make this. Are you kidding me? I’m drooling.
– As a teacher, this whole conversation really resonates with me. I want to be very conscious of it as Jack gets older!
– I can relate to this Instagram account on so many different levels. I laughed so hard!