Last week was our first week back at work (boo!) and this is our first week of school (ack!). I’m so bummed that summer is over, but this is the time of year where I really like to remind myself about all of the things I DO like about being back at work. Because it’s not all bad!
1. I’m so much more productive/organized. When I’m on a schedule and back in my normal routine, I tend to be better about cleaning in the evenings, getting stuff done around the house, and just generally not being lazy. It feels good to be on top of things again and not letting myself be too terribly lazy.
2. I love being challenged. I’m definitely the type to want to push myself and flex my brain, and the challenges that pop up on the regular at work are a great way to get me thinking and keep myself mentally active. Summer is my favorite time of year, and I totally get burned out on how mentally taxing my job can be towards the end of the year, but when the year is fresh and new it feels so good to challenge myself again!
3. Jackson adores daycare. I hate being away from him all day, but it makes him so happy to go see his friends at school and he absolutely loves his teacher. He always gets so excited when I tell him it’s time to go to school, and it warms my heart to know that he’s so happy all day when I have to be away from him.
4. Fall is amazing. There’s just something about the fall season that makes me so incredibly happy. Changing leaves, pumpkins everywhere, cooler weather, and football just make me happy. I have boots in my capsule wardrobe which means I’m going to be WEARING boots soon which makes me a very happy girl!
5. Did I mention football? I LOVE FOOTBALL SEASON. That’s really all that needs to be said here.
6. I’m eternally a nerd and will always be excited about fresh school supplies, the “back to school” section of the grocery store, and all that comes along with the newness of a school year.
7. I love my job. It’s hard to remember this sometimes when I’m mourning the loss of spending all of my days with Jackson, but I truly do adore my job and I’m excited to be diving back into it.
School starts on Tuesday and while most of me is a little terrified to dive back in (I always am!), overall I’m excited to get going and see what this new school year brings!
What are your favorite things about your job?