You guys, I have a confession. I’m addicted to Trader Joe’s. I can’t believe we had one for almost an entire year before I went to check it out, and now I can’t keep myself away.
I’ve become mildly obsessed with reading up on what other people like to buy at TJ’s, and I’m constantly looking for new ideas on what to check out. I figured it’d be fun to share what we bought on our last Trader Joe’s visit, and hopefully solicit some ideas from you on what we should buy next time!
Here we go!
– Vegetable Medley: Just your basic pre-prepped veggies, perfect for popping in the oven and roasting. These aren’t anything special but are more affordable that the pre-prepped vegetables at our local grocery store, so I was excited to snatch them up!
– Roasted Red Pepper Hummus: This is the best hummus I’ve ever had. I love the flavor, the texture, and everything about it. Corey even agreed it was the best store-bought hummus he’s tasted!
– Pomegranate Seeds: I got these for Jack to try out, and he’s not a huge fan. Corey and I both enjoy pomegranate seeds though, so they got eaten. These weren’t as good as others I’ve had though, so I probably wouldn’t buy them again.
– Organic Grapes, Frozen Peas, and Cherry Tomatoes: Just your run of the mill produce. The tomatoes were particularly tasty!
– Sweet Basil Pesto Chicken Sausage: This stuff is delicious! We cooked it to give Jackson for lunches throughout the week, and couldn’t resist stealing some from him every time we made his lunch. I’ll definitely be getting this again!
– Porchetta Italiana: Holy cow, this meat is good. We ate it with some cheese and bread that we got (see below) and agreed we’ll be buying this very regularly.
– Black Forest Ham & Oven Roasted Turkey Breast: Just got this for sandwich meat. Don’t think it’s any better than the lunch meat at the deli at our grocery store (though it is cheaper) and I’m picky about my lunch meat, so we’ll probably stick with that for now.
– Lobster Ravioli: We cooked this with some shrimp and the cherry tomatoes, along with a butter/wine sauce and it was ridiculous. So good. I could eat it every night.
– Frozen Shrimp: It’s frozen shrimp, nothing special, but very well-priced so we’ll buy it again!
– Frozen Pork Shu Mai: I’ll admit, I was slightly disappointed by these but Corey was a fan. They were a bit bland and I’m probably spoiled by the amazing fresh potstickers our local grocery store sells. I don’t think we’ll get these again.
– Frozen Orange Chicken: I kept hearing how good this was, and we aren’t typically the type to keep pre-packaged meals on hand, but we decided to give it a shot and were pleasantly surprised! We’ve also tried the frozen lasagna and it was great too! I think we may try to start keeping some of these meals on hand for busy nights when we don’t have time to cook…it didn’t really taste like a frozen meal at all!
– Toscano Cheese with Black Pepper: Oh man, this stuff was a winner. It tastes like parmesan with a texture more like Gouda and it was so, so, so good. I think we’re going to start doing weekly chef’s boards for dinner because it’s our current favorite way to eat, and this cheese will be making a regular appearance!
– Flowers: I can’t go to Trader Joe’s without buying a bouquet of $3.99 flowers! These are gorgeous and I’m always shocked at how long they last!
– Dark Chocolate Cookie Butter Cups: I don’t think I even need to tell you that these are amazing. They are. Amazing. Wonderful. Delicious. Must have them all the time.
– Organic Applesauce: Jackson is applesauce obsessed, so we always have it on hand. I’m not a fan so I haven’t tried this, but it smells a billion times better than the stuff we normally buy, so I’ll probably keep purchasing it from here!
– Chocolate Chips: I haven’t used these yet because we already had some cookie dough in our fridge when we bought this and I haven’t had a desire to make cookies again yet, but I’ve loved all of the TJ’s chocolate products I’ve tried, so I have faith these will be a winner too. They were almost half the price of the chocolate chips I usually buy, so fingers crossed that they’re delicious!
– Multigrain Demi-Baguette: We popped this in the oven to toast it up and ate it with the cheese and meat from above – the flavor combination was perfect and I can’t stop thinking about that meal. I want it over and over and over!
– Buttermilk Bread: You guys, this stuff needs to be in my house at all times. I am in love. Corey isn’t as big of a fan as me because he doesn’t like dense sandwich bread but I could eat this every day and never get tired of it. So fluffy, so flavorful, so YUMMY!
– Rose: I’m on a big rose kick right now and have been snatching it up every chance I get. This one was great – a bit cheaper than what I normally spend on wine, so that was great, and it tastes fantastic to boot!
– Olive Oil: You guys, I’m appalled at how much more affordable their olive oil is than the stuff we normally buy. I don’t think I’ll ever buy it from anywhere else again – perfection!
– Fruit Leather: Jackson is obsessed with these – he loves them as a special treat, so I have to grab a handful every time we go!
– Inner Peas: Corey is addicted to these! I like them, but actually prefer the brand I normally get at the grocery store – they’re flavored (the sun-dried tomato flavor is my favorite!), and these really just made me crave those!
– Granola Bars: These are good! I like to have this sort of bar on hand for a quick breakfast on mornings where I don’t have time to do more, and this was perfect for that purpose. It’s tasty, not too much sugar, and it kept me full until lunch time – can’t complain!
– Kale Chips: Nope. Not a fan. I love kale, but something about these was just off – definitely won’t be buying them again.
– Pita Chips: These were great with the hummus! I liked that they were a bit thinner than the pita chips I usually buy.
Whew. That was our latest haul from a couple of weeks back – we’re running low on everything, so I have a feeling we’ll be making another trip soon…any suggestions on what we should try this time?