This week was probably the most low-key week of our summer so far. On Tuesday evening, Jackson started doing a bit of coughing and had a runny nose – we’re going out of town this weekend and really don’t want a sick kid, so we cancelled most of our plans for the rest of the week and spent a lot of lazy time at home.
We watched a friend’s baby on Monday for a good portion of the day – Jackson loved having a friend in the house, and it was so sweet to watch how he looked out for her when we were out and about. Melted my heart!
We went to a local park that was built for children with special needs (which means it’s also perfect for toddlers) one day for a few hours – Jackson had more fun than he’s ever had at a park and I couldn’t even get him to sit still to eat a snack (a rarity for this child)! I had to drag him out of the park crying because he wasn’t ready to stop playing, but it was so hot outside I was worried he was going to get sick if we didn’t leave! I definitely want to take him back here again before the summer is over – it was perfect!
We got Jackson’s hair cut this week – last time he had a cut, it was because I couldn’t take his crazy long hair anymore and didn’t want to pay for a haircut (it grows so fast!) so I did it myself. Big! Mistake! It looked pretty silly and I won’t ever be attempting that again. So, now that it’s grown out enough to actually be fixable, we took him in to have it taken care of. He loves going to get his hair cut and always behaves fabulously (thank goodness). I asked them to cut it nice and short so I don’t have to worry about coming back in a month, and it looks adorable. I can never believe how much bigger he looks after a haircut!
We’re headed out of town this weekend to visit some friends – we’ve been looking forward to it for a while now and I can’t wait to spend the weekend relaxing and enjoying our friends that we haven’t seen in a long time!
Before I go, here are a few things from around the internet that stuck out to me this week:
– Ever forgotten to put on deodorant in the morning? There’s a super simple fix for that.
– Someone found Britney’s grocery shopping lists. They don’t look quite how I expected them to (or maybe, they look exactly how I expected them to…)
– Did you hear who they’re probably casting as the next Bachelor? Thoughts? I’m happy!
– We bought some of these to bring with us this weekend – I haven’t tried them yet but I hear they’re amazing, so I can’t wait!
– Lena Dunham is coming out with a newsletter – maybe I’m just a total groupie, but I’m looking forward to it!