For those of you who have been around awhile, you know that I’m working on reading 100 books for my 101 in 1,001 challenge. So far, we’re 495 days in (almost halfway!) and I’m at 63 books, so I’m well on my way to finishing up early.
I’ve read a ton of good books in the last few months, so today I thought I’d do a quick list of all the books I’ve read so far this year – I’m always looking for good book lists, so hopefully this will interest someone!
So, here’s what I’ve read from January through May:
1. Life of Pi – Yann Martel
2. House of Night: Hidden – P.C. Cast & Kristen Cast
3. Insurgent – Veronica Roth
4. Blaze – Richard Bachman
5. Vampire Diaries: Hunters: Moonsong – L.J. Smith
6. Vampire Diaries: The Hunters: Destiny Rising – L.J. Smith
7. Uglies – Scott Westerfield
8. Middle Ground – Katie Kacvinsky
9. Twins – Caroline B. Cooney
10. Arena One: Slaverunners – Morgan Rice
11. Walking Disaster – Jamie McGuire
12. Never Let Me Go – Kazuo Ishiguro
13. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest – Ken Kesey
14: Someday, Someday, Maybe – Lauren Graham
15: Dead Ever After – Charlaine Harris
16: The Truth-Teller’s Lie – Sophie Hannah
So far I think the best one I’ve read this year has been the most recent one – The Truth Teller’s Lie. It was not what I expected it to be, and it was one of those books that you just can’t put down. The worst? Twins. Don’t even know how it ended up on my Kindle, but it was quite possibly the worst book I’ve ever read in my life…the only reason I even finished it is because I have a strange, overwhelming compulsion to finish every book I start, no matter how much I hate it.
Other than that one book, though, I’d definitely recommend all of the books I’ve read so far this year! As you can see, my taste in books varies pretty greatly, with a slight emphasis on cheesy young adult novels. What can I say? I do enough thinking during the day at work – I like to indulge a little when I’m reading!
What have you been reading lately? I’m always looking for recommendations!