I don’t want to rub it in too much, but it’s spring break for Corey and me and, oh my goodness, we’ve been soaking it in. We have been pretty busy getting projects done for Creating With the Stars, but other than that there has been a lot of fun and a lot of laziness! I thought today was the perfect day for a quick brain dump of a few random things going on lately.
1. I don’t usually chat about beauty products on the blog (because I’m a LONG WAYS from being anything close to an expert!), but I recently got a Valentines Day themed VoxBox from Influenster, and I’ve been trying out a few of the products from it. One that I’m pretty in love with? Not Your Mother’s Texturizing Sea Salt Spray. I’ve tried stuff like this for years and years hoping to find a brand that works with my finicky hair, and I think I’ve finally found it. I used it one afternoon after washing my hair and let it air dry over the evening and through the night, and I woke up the next morning with perfectly tousled, wavy-but-not-curly, I-just-wake-up-looking-this-awesome hair. It was fabulous.
2. I feel like, to some extent, I’m still catching up on quality time with Ranger from when he was gone for ten days. It sounds pathetic, but I missed him so much, and our little family just didn’t feel right while he was gone! I still find myself wanting to give him a little extra love when I get home from work because I want him to know I still love him even though I deserted him at the vet for almost two weeks. Poor guy.
3. Corey and I recently started watching The New Normal and I’m obsessed. It is absolutely hilarious and I can’t get enough of it. We’ve been watching on Hulu Plus, and I get so excited every time a new episode pops up. Another (slightly more embarrassing) show that we recently got addicted to? Buckwild on MTV. It’s basically The Jersey Shore for hillbillies. The saddest part is that there is a lot of it that we watch and wonder why it’s considered so strange…because we grew up with it (things like mudding, doing ridiculous things like making potato guns, and accents so thick they need subtitles). I told you – embarrassing.
4. Last month, Corey and I crossed a very difficult item off of our 101 in 1,001 list – not eating out for a month. We don’t go out to eat too often, but we love a good date night and have been known to grab fast food once a week or so when we don’t feel like cooking. It was surprisingly difficult for us to do this, but I enjoyed it. We did go out to eat a couple of times when we had some family in town that wanted to meet up with us, but we’re still calling it completed. As soon as February was over, Corey and I hightailed it to our favorite Tex-Mex place and gorged ourselves. I’m still not quite recovered from my lack of margaritas and chips and salsa for an entire month, so I think we’ll probably be taking another trip there pretty soon.
5. Corey and I always said that we wanted a big dog who was actually cuddly (Ranger is not), and our wish was most certainly granted when we got Hadley. She’s so cuddly, in fact, that it can get quite annoying at times. I captured these gems the other day when Corey was trying to watch television and Hadley was trying to press her body as close to his as she could possibly manage (crappy iPhone photos – sorry!).
I’m not gonna lie – it gets annoying. Especially when you’re trying to watch television and she shoves her face right up into yours and waits for you to give her kisses (seriously, she’s the only dog I’ve ever seen that loves to be kissed all over her face). But, then she settles in and it’s pretty dang wonderful.
What’s been on your mind lately?
Psst! Today is the last day to vote for this week of Creating With the Stars – the voting closes at 10PM EST tonight! Go vote!