1. Hadley’s crown has finally (FINALLY) come off, which means the e-collar came off with it. She instantly looked about three times bigger – no idea why – and is much easier to deal with.
Now let’s just all cross our fingers and hope Corey and I survive these next few weeks of ear posting. I’m ready for this whole process to be OVER!
2. When this year started and I agreed to work full time, take 6 hours a semester of grad school classes, and work an additional 4 hours a week providing homebound services to a student who is too sick to come to school I thought for sure I could handle it – no problem. Looking back, I’m wondering exactly how many hours I was thinking exist in a day because this is exhausting. I will survive it though. I will. Even if it kills me.
3. My brain has been swimming with ideas for projects lately but I haven’t had any time to complete anything (see number 2). I’m frustrated that I have so many awesome thoughts and plans but no time to execute them, and I’m hoping that soon I’ll be able to start knocking some of them out!
4. Speaking of the awesome ideas floating around in my brain, I’m already cooking up some super exciting plans for the Christmas season. Is it way too early for that? Am I crazy? It’s seriously just about all I can think about anymore…I want my house to look like this again.
5. When I was in high school, I was a journal-er. I journaled pages and pages and pages almost every single day. It was my outlet, the way I relaxed, and the only way I dealt with all the oh-so-stressful things that one deals with in high school. I stopped journaling sometime during my freshman year of college and haven’t done it since – but lately I’ve been getting the urge. I think I may pick it back up. Sometimes it’s the only way I can process my thoughts and emotions. And really, I just miss it!
6. It was so wonderfully, fabulously cool outside this weekend. I forget how much I love fall until it actually hits, and I absolutely adore the break from the heat and the whole feeling that fall bring around. Corey and I went out to eat this weekend and sat on the patio, and it was the first time in a very long time where we could sit outside and actually enjoy ourselves. I absolutely can’t wait for it to get even cooler!
7. Have I mentioned yet that I’ve had Christmas on my brain constantly these past few months? Because, I’m not even kidding. It’s almost all I think about. I’m ready.
8. My sister bought me one of these for my birthday a few weeks ago…
…and I’m pretty sure it’s changed my life. I’ve wanted a Clarisonic for a while now (mine is a Mia), and I love, love, love this thing. It’s amazing.
9. I’m so excited about the project I’m going to share with you on Wednesday. It’s nothing earth-shattering in terms of creativity (it’s a pretty run-of-the-mill project) but I LOVE the impact it’s made in our house and I’m so happy we did it!
(A tiny sneak peek!)
10. Did you know it’s only 77 days until Christmas? Just sayin’.
And that’s what I’ve got for you today. Some random thoughts that have been floating around my head, plopped into a list. What’s been on your brain lately?