My summer so far is off to a bit of a whirlwind start, and I haven’t had a second to sit down and breathe much less write a well-thought-out blog post for you. So instead, you get a brain dump. Enjoy!
- I’m having a bit of an “OMG what did I get myself into?” moment with grad school. I’m very excited about my program (it’s a Masters in Autism & Developmental Disabilities in Early Childhood, for those of you who were curious!) and I think I’m going to enjoy it, but I’m a bit out of practice in the whole “going to school” thing and I’m just hoping I survive. On a positive note, I’ve really enjoyed all of the work I’ve done for my classes so far, so that’s a good thing. It’s definitely nice to be taking classes specifically in things that I’m very interested in – I guess that’s the beauty of grad school!
- This weekend we went to a “Taste of North Austin” event at a local outdoor shopping area. We paid for a wristband and got to try out food from 10 different local restaurants – Corey and I split one and it ended up being more food that we possibly could have eaten alone, and it was all so incredibly tasty! It was really fun to try some new places, and to get to sample new dishes from some of our tried-and-true favorite restaurants. We went with my sister and her family, so it was also a chance to hang out with my nieces – which always makes my day a little brighter!
- There are seriously not enough words in the English language to describe how excited I am about True Blood finally being back on. I am obsessed with the show (and the books!) and I absolutely can’t wait to watch last night’s episode (hopefully tonight!) and dive back into the world of Bon Temps. Eep!
- My incredibly sweet husband surprised me the other day with a very thoughtful card and a couple of little gifts to congratulate me on being accepted into my master’s program. He bought me the pillow I’ve been lusting after from Target (it’s been out of stock for weeks and he managed to grab the last one!) and the newest installment in the Sookie Stackhouse series, which I’ve been dying to read. He’s a keeper!
- Now that summer has officially begun, I’ve been hit with a full on clean-all-the-things frenzy. I didn’t realize how messy my house actually was when I was caught up in finishing the school year but now that it’s over and I’m spending more time at home I’m realizing how many things I’ve been neglecting. I have a feeling there will be some serious cleaning sessions going on in my house this week!
What were you up to this weekend? Anyone else been bit by the cleaning bug lately? Are you are as OMG-SO-EXCITED about this season of True Blood as I am?