It’s officially been four whole months since we started our 101 in 1,001 challenge, and each month over on our 101 in 1,001 blog I’ve been wrapping up the books I’m reading for my goal of reading 100 books over the course of the three-ish years the challenge will last.
I thought today I’d stop in and round up the books that I’ve read over the past four months (please no judging for my admittedly low-brow selection of reading material!). I’m a huge fan of reading and I’m excited that having this little goal for myself has made me much more motivated to get through all of my books!
So, here we go – a little list of all the books I’ve read in the past 4 months!
1. The Night Circus – Erin Morgenstern
2. The Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins
3. The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood
4. Explosive Eighteen – Janet Evanovitch
5. Feed – M.T. Anderson
6. Catching Fire – Suzanne Collins
7. The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake – Aimee Bender
8. The Giver – Lois Lowry
9. Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang – Chelsea Handler
10. A Feast for Crows – George R. R. Martin
11. Mockingjay – Suzanne Collins
12. I Don’t Know How She Does It – Allison Pearson
13. The Vampire Diaries, The Hunters – Phantom – L.J. Smith
14. Fallen – Lauren Kate
15. Something Borrowed – Emily Giffen
16. Something Blue – Emily Giffen
Whew – 16 books in 4 months isn’t bad, right? I have a feeling I’ll be blowing through a ton more books this summer – I’m gonna have a lot of free time on my hands!
So, what was my favorite book that I’ve read so far in this challenge? Hands down, it was Night Circus.
This book was amazing. I recommend it wholeheartedly. I also really loved The Giver (I had read it years ago as a kid, but didn’t remember much about it), Fallen (although I’m a little embarrassed to admit it) and, of course, the Hunger Games Trilogy (I had read them before a while back, but was re-reading for the movie release). My least favorites? I absolutely hated Feed, and had a really hard time getting into I Don’t Know How She Does It – it was very slow!
What books have you been reading lately? Any recommendations for me?